There are several factors that can result in a clogged drain. The most common culprits are grease, hair, and detergents of various types. In some cases, small objects can even fall down the drain. Fortunately, our Wayne drain cleaning technicians have the tools and training to get your sink drainpipes working again.
Your drain may be clogged if you notice:
- Strange odors in the bathroom or kitchen
- Loud noises coming from the drains or toilet
- Backup of water in the drains or toilet
- Slow to drain toilets
- Slow draining sink
- Slow draining tub
Tips for Preventing a Clogged Drain
There are many factors that can lead to a clogged drain despite your best efforts—hair, tree roots, and other obstructions always seem to find their way into drains and pipes. Yet, there are some steps you can take to keep your drain in good shape.
To prevent a clogged drain, try one or more of the following:
- Install lent (washing machine hose), food (kitchen sink), and hair (shower) trappers on drains.
- Collect your grease instead of dumping it down the sink.
- Compost your food waste or dispose of it somewhere besides the garbage disposal.
- Do NOT rinse cement, grout, sand, or any other similar compounds down the drain.
- Do NOT use store-bought chemical drain cleaners as these can damage your pipes.
Hydrojet Plumbing: What Is It?
It is important to address blocked-up pipes, which can lead to damage to your plumbing system, or worse, water contamination. If you have clogged drains, you may have deeper issues in the pipes that require a deeper cleaning method. This is where hydrojetting comes in. Hydrojetting involves a high-pressure water hose that blasts out debris and blockages inside the pipes. It is an effective method that leaves pipes much cleaner than other manual tools. Our team will determine whether hydrojetting is right for your home and can explain the process in detail so you can make an informed decision.
Call Now for Fast, Effective Drain Cleaning in Wayne
We understand how important your home is to you. Burton’s Plumbing & Heating offers our services whenever you need them, and our technicians always provide quick and effective solutions to help you get your home back to normal as soon as possible. All our expert technicians are licensed and dedicated to customer service and cleanliness in addition to their drain cleaning duties.